Camp Cook Explore will detail my camping trips in the tranquil oasis that is the wilderness of Scotland, with its many beaches, lochs, castles and stunningly beautiful scenery.
Recent Adventures & Articles
- World Porridge Making Championship 2022This year I entered The World Porridge Making Championship in an attempt to win the coveted Golden Spurtle.
- Birdcam : Bird Feeder Camera – September 2022It’s starting to feel rather autumnal which means the return of some feathered friends to the garden. Robins, dunnocks and the blue & great tits all appear.
- Blue Tit Nest Box with a Wireless Bird Box CameraIn March 2022 I installed a nest box with a wireless bird box camera in it. Over 55 days, a family of Blue Tits moved in and raised 6 chicks.
- Birdcam : Chicks at the Bird Feeder – August 2022August was full of chicks at the bird feeders. Watch the highlights from the bird feeder camera in my garden in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
- Oat Risotto with Butternut Squash & SageThis recipe for Oat Risotto with Butternut Squash & Sage may, just be, the best tasting camping dinner I have made on a Trangia.
- Creamy Sausage & Mushroom Gnocchi RecipeA delicious quick Trangia meal made with smoked sausage, mushrooms & gnocchi in a cream sauce.
- Ribeye Steak, Couscous, Spinach & MushroomsRibeye steak with couscous, spinach & mushrooms, cooked on a Trangia Stove. It’s all about time-management.
- Spiced Corned Beef Hash Recipe￼This Spiced Corned Beef Hash is the perfect, easy-to-cook camp meal.
- OneTigris Lightweight Camping Cot ReviewA quick review of the OneTigris Lightweight Camping Cot after 5 nights of use.
- Birdcam : Garden Bird Feeder Camera – June & July 2022The chicks are appearing, everywhere! Lots of hungry little beaks to feed, this summer, as the garden welcomes this years new magpies, starlings and sparrows.