When I am out exploring Scotland I will be blogging and photographing the meals from my camping trips.
I mainly do my camp cooking with a Trangia Stove or an open fire. I do have a few other stoves that I will use from time to time as well.
In this section you will find camping recipes as well as how to guides and reviews of the camping stoves and camp kitchen equipment I use.
- Oat Risotto with Butternut Squash & SageThis recipe for Oat Risotto with Butternut Squash & Sage may, just be, the best tasting camping dinner I have made on a Trangia.
- Creamy Sausage & Mushroom Gnocchi RecipeA delicious quick Trangia meal made with smoked sausage, mushrooms & gnocchi in a cream sauce.
- Ribeye Steak, Couscous, Spinach & MushroomsRibeye steak with couscous, spinach & mushrooms, cooked on a Trangia Stove. It’s all about time-management.
- Spiced Corned Beef Hash Recipe￼This Spiced Corned Beef Hash is the perfect, easy-to-cook camp meal.
- Traditional Scottish PorridgeTraditional Scottish Porridge makes for a quick, nutritious & easy camping breakfast.
- Dutch Oven Caprese ChickenChicken, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and mozzarella cooked over a campfire in a Dutch Oven lid.
- Campfire Pizza – Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough RecipeFresh pizza made from a yoghurt and flour base. Cooked in a Dutch Oven over an open fire.
- Dutch Oven Chips / French FriesCooking ready-made oven chips in a Dutch Oven over a campfire. Perfect with a steak or pizza.
- Griddled Halloumi & Mango SalsaA simple, quick summer or picnic lunch. Fried halloumi with a sweet & sour mango salsa.
- Feta, Tomato & Spring Onion SaladSalad doesn’t have to be boring. Feta cheese with tomatoes and spring onion.
- Lemon Chicken OrzoA super easy and delicious one-pot trangia meal with chicken, red peppers, lemon juice & orzo pasta.
- Marmite PorridgeI like salty porridge. I like Marmite. I’ve created a Frankenstein’s monster of a breakfast.