On my camping trips I usually take a small drone along. Originally I used a DJI Mavic Mini and more recently I have upgraded to a DJI Mavic Air 2S.
The drones are a lot of fun to fly and literally give you a different perspective of the Scottish scenery below. I mainly record drone footage of lochs & castles but beaches and general landscapes will also crop up from time to time.
- Sandwood Bay Drone FootageDrone footage & aerial photographs of Sandwood Bay, taken during a summer camping trip.
- Kayaking in GlencoeA first attempt at kayaking and droning at the same time. This video from Loch Leven is an absolute epic!
- Smoo Cave Drone FootageWhilst passing through Durness on the way home from a camping trip, I stopped off at the wonderfully named Smoo Cave.
- Loch Leven Drone FootageA beautiful, crisp morning during a camping trip in Glencoe made for a fun droning trip at Loch Leven.
- Ballachulish Marina Drone FootageA quick drone flight around Ballachulish Marina. A beautifully quiet and peaceful location in Glencoe.
- Oldshoremore Beach Drone FootageAn impromptu overnight stop in the hot tent at Oldshoremore Beach. We got a bovine surprise the following morning. Cows on the beach!
- Loch Morlich Drone FootageDrone footage from a moody & autumnal Loch Morlich, near Aviemore.
- Mither Tap, Bennachie Drone FootageA quick ramble up my local hill with the drone. It was far windier than it looks!
- Falls of Measach Drone FootageQuick stop at the Falls of Measach on the way to Ullapool.
- Driving The Applecross PassThe mighty Applecross Pass, what a road! Not for the faint hearted but the scenery is more than reasonable compensation.
- Eilean Donan Castle Drone FootageThe most famous and most photographed of all the Scottish Castles. The picturesque Eilean Donan Castle.
- Dores Beach, Loch Ness Drone FootageDores Beach at Loch Ness is my favourite place in the world. Just look at it!
- Glenfinnan Viaduct Drone FootageGlenfinnan Viaduct is an engineering marvel. I managed to catch the Jacobite Express crossing the viaduct.
- Bullers of Buchan Drone FootageThe Bullers of Buchan looks a little alien. Beautiful, weird and terrifying all at the same time.
- New Slains Castle Drone FootageNew Slains Castle in Aberdeenshire. The inspiration behind Dracula’s Castle.
- Lochindorb Castle Drone FootageLochindorb Castle is a ruin situated on a man-made island in the middle of Lochindorb. One day I will kayak out for a closer look.