I’ve been trying to do some old-school camp cooking, of late, and this Spiced Corned Beef Hash recipe is one of my favourite retro camp cooks.
It is the perfect Trangia recipe. A one-pot, quick, easy-to-cook camp meal and none of the ingredients require refrigeration.
It also works brilliantly at any time of day. Add a fried egg on top and you have a tasty camping breakfast. It’s also good for brunch, lunch & dinner!
Adding the paprika and cumin elevate the taste levels too.
Spiced Corned Beef Hash
- 1 tsp cooking oil / butter
- 1 onion
- 340 g corned beef (canned)
- 300 g new potatoes (canned)
- Chop the onion and add it to the pan with the oil or butter. Cook gently until clear.1 tsp cooking oil / butter
- Add cumin to the pan.cumin
- Roughly chop the corned beef and stir into the onions. Keep the pan on a medium heat.340 g corned beef (canned)
- Drain the potatoes and cut them into equal pieces, 2-3 pieces per potato. Add them to the pan.300 g new potatoes (canned)
- Add the paprika to the pan.paprika
- Simmer for a couple of minutes until everything is browned and warmed through.